2013 Annual Meeting - Saturday, November 2nd at the Capitol Plaza, Montpelier, VT - Agenda will be posted soon!
Welcome to the Vermont Academy of Family Physicians, an organization committed to advocating on behalf of the state’s family physicians and promoting health among Vermonters.
VTAFP strives to protect the importance of the physician/patient relationship within the health care system, promote a positive practice environment and assist in the development of a unified voice on public policy issues that affect the health of Vermonters.
Its mission is to:
- Provide responsible advocacy for, and education of, patients and of the public in all health related matters;
- Preserve and promote quality cost-effective health care;
- Promote the science and art of family medicine, and to ensure an optimal supply of well trained family physicians;
- Promote and maintain high standards among physicians who practice family medicine;
- Preserve the right of family physicians to engage in medical and surgical procedures for which they are qualified by training and experience;
- Provide advocacy, representation, and leadership for the specialty of family medicine; and,
- Maintain and provide an organization with high standards to fulfill the above purposes and to represent the needs of its members.